Translate

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Interfaith Remembrance Service for Oakwood Manor Residents in Sarasota, Florida, led by Nancy Barger and Bridget Mary Meehan ARCWP


Opening Song: River Jordan
Gathering Prayer:

Loving God, we gather now to remember  the members of our Oakwood Manor Community who have died. We give thanks for the many blessings that they brought to us. May Your loving presence comfort their family, friends, and neighbors who miss them and grieve their loss  In this Remembrance Service, we light a candle to honor our dearly beloved departed sisters and brothers, and invite this community gathered here to share memories of their presence among us. 


Old Testament: Psalm 23:  God is my shepherd, I  shall not want.
All: God  is   my shepherd,  I  shall  not  want.

God, you are my shepherd. I want nothing more. You Jet me lie down 

in green meadows. You lead me beside restful waters. Your refresh 

my soul. 

All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.

You guide me to lush pastures for the sake of your Name. Even if l'm 

surrounded by shadows of death, I fear no danger, for you are with me.


All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Your rod and your staff: They give me courage. You spread a table for 

me in the presence of my enemies, and you anoint my head with oil, 

my cup overflows.

All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.

Only goodness and Jove will follow me all the days of my life, and I 

will dwell in your house, God, for days without end.

All: God is my shepherd, I shall not want.



New Testament: Gospel: John 14:1-3

Don't let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God;

In God's house there are many dwelling places;
Otherwise, how could I have told you that I was going to prepare a place for you? I am indeed going to prepare a place for you

And then I will come back to take you, that where I am, there you may be as well.




Tribute:

Loving God, we remember our beloved family, friends and 

neighbors of Oakwood Manor who have gone before us. 

We pray that they may rest in eternal light and everlasting peace. 

We will  carry them n our hearts forever. Amen.

A resident volunteer lights a candle and shares a thought, prayer, poem, song or brief story in remembrance.


At the conclusion of each tribute, we pray together:

All: Loving God, we remember the blessings that (person's name) brought to us.




Closing Song: This Little Light of Mine

(Permission is given to share and adapt this service written by Bridget Mary Meehan. )


We gather yearly to pray for and honor our residents. Here are a few photos and tributes for our Oakwood Manor Residents who have passed into God's loving embrace. This book is available at our Clubhouse for those who wish to add new pages and for reading. 



No comments: